This is a journal entry I had (and I still constantly add on to it every year) to remind me of rules or phrases I learned and live by to make my life a little bit easier.
- If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. Worst response you would get is a no, but then an uncertain yes overpowers it… who knows what doors would open just by asking a simple question.
- It’s really not that deep, you’re gonna be fine. Someone made fun of your shoes? Make fun of theirs. Missed your bus? Take the next one. Running late? Ok leave earlier the next time & learn from ur mistake.
- Your parents don’t always know what’s best for you. They know what’s best for them based on their experience and they project it on you. But you know, listen to them a little.
- Confidence is key. Like what Maddy said, “90% of life is confidence and the thing about it is that no one knows if it’s real or not.
- Quality > quantity always.
- Be grateful. Appreciate the little things bc it boosts ur mood fr.
- Follow the vibe. Don’t force things and let it work itself out.
- Be in the present moment. The past and the future doesn’t exist if you really think about it.
- Stop watching the news. Literally pool of negative energy and makes you anxious about every little thing. Be careful still.
- Work on yourself if you feel like shit obviously. If you look good, you feel good. Then you attract better. Spend some time to focus on yourself til you feel like you again.
- Don’t do sprints before strength training. You’re gonna be exhausted your whole workout. Unless you’re doing cardio then it’s a different story.
- Don’t workout after a full meal. I feel like this is common sense but I had to learn it the hard way. You’re going to feel gross.
- Pretend you know what you’re doing until you know how to do it for real. Use the imposter syndrome to your advantage.
- Fill your own cup first. You can’t pour from an empty one and you might burden other people with yourself. Take some time to be alone and reflect.
- You can do whatever you put your mind into. You just can.
- You’re your own biggest supporter. My driving instructor told me this. Looking back, I’ve done things I didn’t know I could accomplish and
- You can’t solve a problem by being in the same mindset that got you in it. I think Albert Einstein had a similar quote but I have to learn that the hard way, and I’m still learning…
- Take note of the lessons you’ve learned and avoid falling back to old patterns that you’ve tried to grow from.
You’re constantly learning. Learning about yourself, your relationship with other people, and how the world works. It’s a lot to figure out but you don’t take it all at once. Learn from experiences, and lessons from other people.